Establishing a flow for proper communication, assigning work and evaluating results are indispensable to maintaining productivity indexes.
The implementation of containment policies to avoid the spread of Coronavirus inside workplaces has led to a shift toward remote working around the world.
This paradigm has created completely new challenges to diverse businesses that don’t have previous experience with remote work, and it can present a series of dilemmas for maintaining productivity and proper communication among work teams.
“Today’s situation confronting the labor market shouldn’t be seen as a crisis, but as an opportunity to implement and evaluate new practices. While the health benefits of remote work to organizations are demonstrated, the key is to have the right tools to maintain business productivity” commented the COO of Avantica, Luis Carlos Chaves.
If your business has just begun experimenting with remote work, our experts at Avantica have five recommended practices to ensure a successful transition.
- Establish a project director who has daily calls with his/her remote teams. Create a forum where remote workers can voice concerns and have their questions answered.
- Authorize different channels of communication; keep in mind that email won’t be sufficient. Videoconferencing gives a better interaction, as though you were face to face. For simple conversations, try easy to use platforms such as Slack, Zoom or Skype.
- Define objectives and terms clearly for each project your employees undertake. Incentivize employees to use proper organization and time management skills.
- Although working remotely makes traditional supervision difficult, you can leverage registration mechanisms, project reports and monitoring to ensure results.
- Encourage trust in your staff and strengthen your organizational culture. New labor paradigms require positive leadership that promotes productivity and quality work.
Once the normal flow of work is restored, organizations can create an assessment to enable the definitive implementation of remote work, according to the requirements of each department and workday.
“Digital technologies are a dominant trend in the business world and offer us the opportunity to connect with our employees without sharing the same physical space, this generates new opportunities for remote businesses and services on the regional and even global level. We urge all organizations to undertake a virtual transformation to maximize the potential of each industry”, added Chaves.
We have 25 years of experience in integral software development solutions. From our headquarters in the U.S. and 5 offices operating in Latin America, our engineers work closely with emerging businesses and large corporations in the U.S., Europe, Australia and LatinAmerica to develop software and quality control measurements.